Do you want an easy, fast and delicious pie recipe? What if, in addition, it includes a really healthy ingredient? A carrot cake! In this article, we present 2 ways in which you can easily make a carrot cake.
It is a very typical recipe in English speaking countries, the well-known carrot cake. However, it is also becoming famous and succeeding in many other places in the world. And it’s no wonder because it’s really delicious.
One of the main ingredients of a carrot cake is precisely this vegetable: the carrot . Do you know the benefits it has for health?
- It is rich in vitamins A, B3, E and K.
- Likewise, it is rich in carotenoids .
- In addition, it is also a source of minerals such as potassium, phosphorus, magnesium, iodine and calcium.
- Promotes visual health
- Its flavonoids help to improve skin health.
- For its contribution in fiber and water, it favors intestinal transit.
So, if you fancy something sweet, what better than a carrot cake?
Carrot cake recipes
First recipe: Traditional carrot cake
For the cake:
- 350 g of carrot
- 250 g of flour
- 4 eggs
- 120 g of sugar
- 150 g of brown sugar
- 250 ml olive oil
- 1 small spoonful of cinnamon
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 tablespoons of yeast
- 800 grams of cream cheese
- 140 grams of icing sugar
- First, we wash the carrots well, peel and grate them and preheat the oven to 180º.
- Next, mix the flour, salt, cinnamon and yeast in a bowl. Also, much better if we sift the flour.
- Then, in another bowl, beat and mix with the eggs the sugar, both white and brown, until it dissolves well.
- Subsequently, add little by little in the bowl the flour with the eggs and stir well with a hand mixer until we have a homogeneous mixture.
- Then, add the grated carrots and stir to incorporate well into the mixture.
- Then, it is the turn of the oil: we will pour it little by little into the mixture while we remove it so that it integrates perfectly.
- Then, we can grease a mold and pour our mixture into it. We introduce in a preheated oven at 180º for 45 minutes.
- Ideally, the container or mold is about 20 cm in diameter. In this way, the cake that will result will be high, which we will need later since we will cut it in two halves.
- When the necessary time has passed, we should take the cake out of the oven and let it cool down.
- Meanwhile, we can prepare the coverage. For this, we just have to mix the icing sugar well with the creamy cheese.
- When the cake is cold, we cut it in half horizontally. On one of the halves, we place half of the cover and then put the other half of the cake on top.
- Finally, with the rest of the coverage, we cover the top. We put it in the fridge to cool down and … Enjoy!
Second recipe: Vegan carrot cake
- 300 grams of wholemeal flour
- 270 g of brown sugar
- 300 g of carrot
- 200 ml of water
- 180 g of sunflower or olive oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 little tube of vanilla
- A pinch of powdered ginger
- 1 small teaspoon of baking powder
- First of all, we wash well and grate the carrots. In addition, we preheat the oven to 180º.
- Subsequently, we sift the flour in a bowl and add the sugar, salt, yeast, cinnamon and powdered ginger, that is to say all the ingredients in powder except the vanilla. We mix well.
- In another bowl, we put the water, the oil, the vanilla and mix everything well.
- Then, we go to the second bowl the content of the first, little by little and stirring constantly so that we have a homogeneous and uniform mixture.
- Afterwards, we can grease an oven-proof container and pour our mixture into it. Then, we put it in the oven for about 40 – 45 minutes.
- Finally, when the cake is done, let it cool.
- We can already enjoy our sponge cake or vegan carrot cake!
As you have seen, it is not difficult to prepare these recipes. Practically all you need is to mix the ingredients and bake a tasty cake in the oven.
If, in addition, you want to give it a special touch, you can add almond laminated on top to decorate and get even more flavor. If the almond does not convince you, try raisins , for example.
In any case, enjoy these recipes: they are ideal for a snack or a very special dessert.